Tasks and Responsibilities
of the Council for Foreigners and Migrants
The task of the Council for Foreigners and Migrants is to advise the City Council on organizational matters concerning the integration and coexistence of foreigners, refugees and migrants living in Heidelberg.
The tasks are:
- The promotion and safeguarding of the equitable coexistence of the people of different nationalities, cultures and religions living in Heidelberg, as well as the participation in the further development of the municipal integration plan.
- The improvement of the integration of the immigrants and, in particular, the newcomers in Heidelberg.
- To enable all foreigners and migrants to participate in the local politics.
- To promote the link to the Migrant Self-Organizations (MSO).
- To promote the relationship between the different cultures already living in the city and to encourage the dialogue between them.
For more information, see the Charter (113.4 KB) of the Council for Foreigners and Migrants (in German).