About 400 naturalizations every year
Heidelberg is a vibrant, international city, thanks not only to the many guests who visit each year from all over the world, but also to the 45,000 people from around 160 different countries who have made their home in Heidelberg.
Naturalization is a very important element of the City of Heidelberg’s integration policy. This is because Heidelberg wants to show people of different nationalities, backgrounds, religions and cultures that they are not only welcome here, but that they truly enrich the life of the city.
Naturalization figures in Heidelberg have been at a high level for a number of years. Heidelberg has more naturalizations per head of population than any other urban district in the state of Baden-Württemberg.
Naturalizations in Heidelberg since 2009
- 2016: 444 naturalizations
- 2015: 396 naturalizations
- 2014: 389 naturalizations
- 2013: 366 naturalizations
- 2012: 425 naturalizations
- 2011: 333 naturalizations
- 2010: 310 naturalizations
- 2009: 302 naturalizations