Logo facebook Logo Twitter Logo YouTube Logo RSS Logo YouTube Logo Instagram Logo Stage
Home / City Hall / Local public services

Important information
All administrative buildings and particular communal institutions in Heidelberg are closed and there's only service in very urgent cases. Please note, that wearing a mask is obligatory in all administrative buildings. For more information about the current situation in Heidelberg and important contacts, please visit: www.heidelberg.de/coronavirus.

Don't hesitate to contact us:

Central Administration Office
(Bürgeramt Mitte)
Bergheimer Str. 69
69115 Heidelberg
Phone +49 6221 58-47980
Fax +49 6221 58-49150

Local public service (Photo: Pellner)

Local public services

Always there for you

The Heidelberg Citizens' Service answers questions about services provided by the city of Heidelberg and federal and state authorities Monday through Friday from 8 AM to 6 PM by calling the central telephone number 06221 58-10580 or the uniform public authority number 115. If necessary, the relevant contact person will be put through directly. For urgent information or emergencies, the number 06221 58-10580 is also available after 6 p.m. and on weekends and public holidays.

Citizens' Offices

The Heidelberg City Hall from the front

Ten citizens' offices in the city area provide information and advice to about 195,000 people each year.

Housing / Building

Man with development plan in hand

Questions about housing and construction are answered by the Technical Citizens' Office 

Online Services

Human typing on laptop

A large number of forms and services are now available online, regardless of opening hours.

Free Wifi

Phone with Mein Heidelberg App

Since 2014, guests in the old town have been able to access free Wifi at more than 200 locations. The city thus offers one of the largest public Wifi networks in Germany.

Ideas and Complaints

Employee with phone in front of computer screen

The ideas and complaints management team is just as happy to receive complaints and criticism as ideas, suggestions or praise.


The Ombudsman Gustav Adolf Apfel.

As a neutral mediator, the Ombudsman Gustav Adolf Apfel provides support in conflicts. He also helps with problems with the city administration itself. 

More Information

Lost and Found Office

Lost and found items can be picked up or turned in at the lost and found office. 


Registry office

The registry office is responsible for marriage ceremonies and for securing estates. It registers births and deaths, church resignations, keeps the civil status register and issues civil status certificates.


Complaint phone against pub noise

Citizens can use the complaints hotline to report disturbances of the peace (for example, music from restaurants and pubs that is too loud, noisy restaurant and pub patrons, or bawling, drunken passers-by).


Old address books

In cooperation with the Heidelberg City Archives and funded by the Stadt-Heidelberg-Stiftung, the Heidelberg address books from 1839 to 1945 were digitized at Heidelberg University Library.