Don't hesitate to contact us:
Heidelberg says "Thank you" for the warm congratulations of the UNESCO Cities of Literature all over the world.
Creative Cities Network
Creative Cities Network
The UNESCO Creative Cities Network is working together towards a common mission for cultural diversity and sustainable urban development. Member cities are recognized, on the one hand, as "creative hubs" that promote socio-economic and cultural development in both the developed and the developing world through creative industries. On the other hand, they are also regarded as "socio-cultural clusters" connecting socio-culturally diverse communities to create a healthy urban environment.
The Network aims at developing international cooperation among cities and encouraging them to drive joint development partnerships in line with UNESCO’s global priorities of "culture and development" and "sustainable development". Once a city is appointed to the Network, it can share experiences and create new opportunities with other cities on a global platform, notably for activities based on the notions of creative economy and creative tourism.
There are currently 180 member cities around the world in seven creative industry fields:
- Literature: Baghdad, Barcelona, Bucheon, Dublin, Dunedin, Durban, Edinburgh, Granada, Heidelberg, Iowa City, Krakow, Lillehammer, Ljubljana, Lviv, Manchester, Melbourne, Milan, Montevideo, Norwich, Nottingham, Óbidos, Prague, Québec City, Reykjavik, Seattle, Tartu, Ulyanovsk and Utrecht
- Film: Bitola, Bradford, Bristol, Busan, Galway, Łódź, Qingdao, Rome, Santos, Sofia, Sydney, Terrassa and Yamagata City
- Music: Adelaide, Almaty, Amarante, Auckland, Bogota, Bologna, Brazzaville, Brno, Chennai, Daegu Metropolitan City, Frutillar, Ghent, Glasgow, Hamamatsu, Hanover, Idanha-a-Nova, Kansas City, Katowice, Kingston, Kinshasa, Liverpool, Mannheim, Medellín, Morelia, Norrköping, Pesaro, Praia, Salvador, Seville, Tongyeong and Varanasi
- Craft and Folk Art: Al-Ahsa, Aswan, Baguio City, Bamiyan, Barcelos, Cairo, Carrara, Chiang Mai, Chordeleg, Durán, Fabriano, Gabrovo, Hangzhou, Icheon , Isfahan, Jacmel, Jaipur, Jingdezhen, João Pessoa, Limoges, Kanazawa, Kütahya, Lubumbashi, Madaba, Nassau, Ouagadougou, Paducah, Pekalongan, Porto-Novo, San Cristóbal de las Casas, Santa Fe, Sasayama, Sheki, Sokodé, Suzhou, Tétouan and Tunis
- Design: Bandung, Beijing, Berlin, Bilbao, Brasilia, Budapest, Buenos Aires, Cape Town, Curitiba, Detroit, Dubai, Dundee, Graz, [City of] Greater Geelong, Helsinki, Istanbul, Kaunas, Kobe, Kolding, Kortrijk, Mexico City, Montreal, Nagoya, Puebla, Saint-Étienne, Seoul, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Singapore, Turin and Wuhan
- Media Arts: Austin, Braga, Changsha, Dakar, Enghien-les-Bains, Guadalajara, Gwangju, Košice, Linz, Lyon, Sapporo, Tel Aviv, Toronto and York
- Gastronomy: Alba, Belém, Bergen, Buenaventura, Burgos, Chengdu, Cochabamba, Dénia, Ensenada, Florianopolis, Gaziantep, Hatay Metropolitan Municipality, Jeonju, Macao Special Administrative Region, Östersund, Panama City, Paraty, Parma, Phuket, Popayán, Rasht, San Antonio, Shunde, Tucson, Tsuruoka and Zahlé